Thursday, December 27, 2012

Proud Owner of a New cactus; of the Christmas Cacti



That's right, who's the proud new owner of a Christmas cactus? This girl! 

David and I took a trip to IKEA and they have cacti there, and it's usually where I get mine. So basically I got to thinking about restarting my collection and ignited some primal need to own/grow plants. This whole paragraph is pretty much pointless except to inform why I decided I needed one, other than the fact that Fred Meyers had them for a good price while I was picking up a few important things. Also, I'm still debating if I'll be taking David to IKEA again if it is just to window shop because he isn't very good at it!   =]

Anyways, I spent a decent amount of time deciding which one I liked best, weighing color, bloomage, and health selections. This is the one I came home with and it has a happy little home on the window sill that it seems to be enjoying quite a bit. I believe these pictures were taken the day I bought it and it has bloomed quite a bit more since then. Shame on me for not bragging to the world sooner about my plant, but I was feeling lazy. 

I am also quite happy that the cat's have not decided that it is a toy or food and hope that it stays safe from those cute little bastards. That is all!

Brb.Peaches

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog. Maybe you can visit my blog and follow me :)

    ReplyDelete